Hazel Bernice HILLERUD
- Born: 23 Dec 1912, Ryley, Alberta, Canada
- Marriage: Conrad PATTERSON on 22 Jul 1936 in Hillerud Farm, Ryley, Alberta
- Died: 25 Nov 2005, Tofield, Alberta, Canada aged 92
- Buried: Nov 2005, Amisk Creek, Beaver County, Alberta, Canada
Noted events in her life were:
• She worked as a Teacher in 1931. From Kingman family histories:
We attended school at Miquelon and since we knew no English, we had quite a time. Gustav and Frank Nelson would often translate to the teachers for us, which helped a lot. Our teachers were: Hazel Hillerud (who could understand some Scandinavian),
• Research:,. Hazel was a graduate of Camrose Normal School and taught school at several small country schools before marrying Conrad and settling in Tofield. She continued part-time school teaching and was very active in the Tofield Community League, the United Church Women's League and Amisk Creek Lutheran Church.
She enjoyed and was very proficient at needlework and regularly submitted entries to the competitions at the annual town celebrations in Tofield where she competed in fierce competition with her sisters Evelyn, Beulah and Merle even came from B.C. in later years to join in the fun.
Hazel married Conrad PATTERSON, son of Johan Alfred PATTERSON and Anne Karine Rasmusdatter MOEN, on 22 Jul 1936 in Hillerud Farm, Ryley, Alberta. (Conrad PATTERSON was born on 9 Nov 1905 in Shonts, Alberta, Canada and died on 7 May 1993 in Tofield, Alberta, Canada.)