2. BOYD, Helen Ann Young
1. MITCHELL, Elizabeth
- Born: 10 Feb 1840, Abbotshall, Fife, Scotland
- Marriage (1): MITCHELL, Elizabeth on 9 Apr 1862 in Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland
- Marriage (2): BOYD, Helen Ann Young on 31 Dec 1880 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland,
- Died: 3 Jun 1893, Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland aged 53
- Buried: Balgay Hill, Dundee, Angus, Scotland
Noted events in his life were:
• Research. http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/e/g/Peter-A-Heggie/GENE8-0003.html#CHILD3
Occupation: April 9, 1862, Engine Fitter
Residence: 1881, 2 Fullerton Street, Dundee, Forfar, Scotland
• Research. Fife is a council area and former county of Scotland. It is situated between the Firth of Tay and the Firth of Forth, with inland boundaries to Perth and Kinross and Clackmannanshire. It was originally one of the Pictish kingdoms, known as Fib, and is still commonly known as the Kingdom of Fife within Scotland.
It is a lieutenancy area, and was a county of Scotland until 1975. It was very occasionally known by the anglicisation Fifeshire in old documents and maps compiled by English cartographers and authors. A person from Fife is known as a Fifer.
Fife was a local government divided into three districts Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and North-East Fife. Fife is Scotland's third largest local authority area by population. It has a resident population of just under 360,000, almost a third of whom live in the three principal towns of Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes Kirkcaldy is Fife's largest town by population (48,108 in 2006), followed by Dunfermline (45,462 in 2006) and then Glenrothes (38,927 in 2006).
The historic town of St Andrews is located on the northeast coast of Fife. It is well-known for one of the most ancient universities in Europe and is renowned as the home of golf.
David married Elizabeth MITCHELL on 9 Apr 1862 in Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland. (Elizabeth MITCHELL was born on 9 Sep 1841 in Dysart, Fife, Scotland and died on 28 Jun 1880 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland,.)
David next married Helen Ann Young BOYD, daughter of John BOYD and Margaret PRESTON, on 31 Dec 1880 in Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland. (Helen Ann Young BOYD was born on 9 Jan 1856 in Scotland and died on 15 Aug 1936 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.)