EASTON, Harry (Henry)
- Born: 2 Jul 1889, Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland
- Marriage: MAWSON, Sarah Hannah in 1916
- Died: 22 Aug 1917, Vimy, France aged 28
Private Harry Easton
Regimental Number: 811146 Survived War: No
Force: Army Regiment: Canadian Infantry Battalion: 28th Battalion Company:
Enlisted or Conscripted: Enlisted Prior Military Experience: Not Specified
Enlistment Date: December 7, 1915 Age at Enlistment: 26 Enlisted at: Edmonton, Alberta
Civilian Occupation: Farmer
Date of Death: August 22, 1917 Age at Death: 28 Cause of Death: Died in War, unknown cause Battle Died/Wounded: Burial: Vimy Memorial, France Plot:
Date of Birth: February 7, 1889 Next of Kin: Helen Easton, mother. Tofield, Alberta.
Place of Birth: Dundee Country of Birth: Scotland Prisoner of War: No
Height: 5 Feet 8 Inches Private Canadian Infantry 28th Battalion
Son of David and Helen Ann Easton; husband of Sarah Hannah Easton, of 110, 8th Avenue East, Vancouver, British Columbia. Originally attested in the 138th Battalion
Noted events in his life were:
• Land. The Canadian Land Grant files contains an entry: SE 10 50 20 W4 Reference: Volume: 768 Folio: 171 Microfilm reel number: C-6551 Names: Henry Easton the late
This is near Tofield but also near the Moen farm.
• Residence, 1914. The Henderson directories have an entry for Easton brothers, farmers, at Spilsted which it details as a post office on 30-50-20-W4. This is the same township as Henry gets his land grant and is the same township that James receives his. Wilson is shown as being in Edmonton at this time.
Spilsted is described as being in the Camrose. Tofield electoral district and the nearest railway and telegraph depot is 2 miles south and 10 miles west. This is likely New Sarepta. It describes the area as a 'cattle raising district'.
Harry married Sarah Hannah MAWSON, daughter of John Henry MAWSON and Annie FRANCH, in 1916. (Sarah Hannah MAWSON was born on 27 Dec 1894 in Warrington, Lancashire, England and died on 20 Oct 1953 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Research. His enlistment form on 7 Dec !915 says that he was not married. He died 22 Aug1917 and lists as married